View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #421
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And ultimately, in the post you quoted, at that time I was still weighing need too heavily.

It's really just been in the last 3 years I've decided that EVERY position is a position of need in the NFL over the length of a rookie contract. So with Poe and Howard there, I understated the utility of another DT, especially while we were running a 3-4 (though I did get his potential as a 5-tech right; but that came after the post in question). I wouldn't have taken that hard-line of a stance w/r/t positional value today.

The decline of Howard and Poe, and the fairly rapid ascension of Jones, probably had something to do with that re-calibration. 1 year later we'd have been proper ****ed without Jones. And ultimately it was my one-man bandwagon for Hockenson when we had Kelce in his prime that ultimately led to me talking myself into that stance pretty firmly.

Need just means so little on days 1 and 2. Those guys, if they hit, will FIND their way into the starting lineup. So just draft for ability. In that regard Terez (pretty sure he wrote the article in question) had it absolutely right.
So in other words you didn't go full kccrow on Willie Gay?

We haven't even seem him play a lousy preseason down of football. Just saying. Kccrow roasted Veach over that pick. Did not like it at all.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.