View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Talent evaluation is one thing. Someone has to pull the trigger on a pick and own the decision. Dorsey's picks had cajones. Took Peters and tyreek even though they were labeled character issues. Traded up for mahomes. Took dee ford when most labeled him a reach. Even Chris Jones was a little surprising of a pick.

After years of taking safe picks, Dorsey had the balls to go after high positional value players every single year.

But I agree with everyone else... I haven't seen reason to believe veech will be worse, so I'll give him that shot.
I have no doubt trading up to get Mahomes was a team decision from Hunt on down. However, I know this sounds crazy, but what if there was internal strife over how Dorsey went about it?

This is all speculation on my part but we all saw the awkward exchange between Dorsey and Hunt in the war room after the Mahomes pick. Dorsey was victorious as he had just pulled off an amazing trade. We got Mahomes very cheap by most standards.

But we also heard the stories about a deal being in place to move up to 5 to pick Mahomes. What if everyone else wanted Dorsey to make the pick at 5 because they didn't want to mess around and have somebody jump in front of them.

Again, I know this is crazy, but what if Hunt, Reid, and everyone else thought picks 6 through 9 were too much of a risk and didn't appreciate the river boat gambler mode Dorsey was in. Maybe the level of anxiety caused between picks 6 and 10 caused a bit too much consternation. Could it have pissed Hunt and Reid off enough to contribute to his firing if they thought he was getting too cute with their QBOTF?
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli