View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #117
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Jones is a valuable player and deserves to be paid equivalent to Deforrest Buckner, who is a slightly worse player the past 2 years.

That's a tough ask for the Chiefs, though, if the salary cap goes down in 2021 as is now expected/projected. If things had stayed on track, I don't think it's an issue to get Jones done and Mahomes done.

Tough spot for the player and the team. I respect Jones' willingness to do what is necessary to "get the bag" and won't ever blame a player for seeking to maximize his profits.

But it looks like a trade is inevitable at this point. The Lions, Eagles, and Washington all have huge amounts of cap space, and the Giants and Packers have enough to make a deal happen for this season.

If you can swing a trade to one of those squads and get a first or second-round pick in 2021 out of it, it makes sense to me. The team has to be willing to commit to paying him the moneys, though.

Washington already has pretty hefty investments along its DL with Young and Sweat, so not sure they'd step up with an offer. I could see Detroit or Philly taking a stab, and the Giants and Packers both would make a ton of sense and have a need.

I also still think the Jets are a good potential landing spot IF they can swing Jamal Adams' involvement. Even if there is no pick compensation involved, a Jones for Adams swap might make sense for both.
If they have to take a 2nd when the 9ers were able to get a high 1st for a lesser player, that's a pretty shitty look for Veach.

They needed to have a better feel for how close they were on this one, IMO. I had identified the Colts as a great landing spot for him before the Buckner deal, though I preferred getting their 2 second rounders.

If the Chiefs weren't damn close to having a deal done, they really needed to outflank SF on that trade. Failing to do so will have significant long-term consequences for KC.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0