Thread: Music NPR Tiny Desk Concerts
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayFrogs View Post
I can't really imagine anyone else covering her...not only is she too good but there are weird things she does with her voice that I've never heard anyone else do. Chorus of Set Fire to the Rain comes to mind as a good example.
My post probably isn't fair. Curiosity got the best of me and I looked some up.
I'm guessing a guy could be pretty successful taking the song and going a different way.

But even this dude is running up hill compared to Adele.

Then there is stuff like this, which I'd probably try to go that way rather than try and sound like her.

And I'm open to overreacting. I'm not in the art scene. Maybe some of these singers are doing it as a sign of respect...IDK.

Like this gal, she equates herself pretty well, but she's no Adele. Maybe that's how artists grow in their medium, again, I'm no artist. I dunno, I wouldn't do it, but maybe it works for these cats.

I'll throw this one on here from Dave Grohl and his daughter. Not for the technical prowess, She's no Adele, but I enjoyed it because damn, Dave Grohl is magnetic and you can see the love he has for his daughter.

/Rabbit hole
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote