Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #132
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
They operate fine, but your range is usually reduced since producing heat is actually pretty battery intensive. Think electric space heater. I probably lose 20% of my range on really cold days in my Leaf.
This is my understanding. And while winters here have not been as bad the last couple of years, I have seen several winters where it did not hit 0 for weeks on end. My concern has been that even if I kept my truck in the garage (I don't*), that truck sits outside while I'm at work all day. And it doesn't take long at -30 for anything to get really cold.

*Like all good Alaskans, I have a block heater in my engine that I plug in at night. It's why you see rows of electrical outlets in pictures of Fairbanks. The plug is a little heating coil that keeps the engine block warm, or at least warm for the temperatures, so oil isn't as thick, starting is easier and the engine gets to operating temperature faster.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.