View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #56
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Why does it seem like every time you talk about teaching you seem to loath and hate the kids you teach? Students can tell when a teacher enjoys teaching and it affects their desire to engage with you.

The best teachers i ever had LOVED teaching. They were passionate about what they taught and it was contagious to their students. The worst were the grumpy curmudgeons who acted like every kid was a burden and didn't want to be there.

Ive been wanting to ask that for years but never felt like having any static with you.

But this is an AMA thread so....
No prob--you can't scare me-I teach Middle School.

I love the subject and care about what they learn and how it relates to them. I take my job very seriously. They know that. They also know that if they do stupid things, I get after them. Like I said, I treat them like I treated my own kids. It seems to work. Good and bad days.

Most of the kids are great. We usually talk about 5% that are issues. But there are so many issues. Apathy, meanness, refusal to work, moodiness. It is really getting worse. Crazy worse.

The ones I see later are the good ones. The bad ones seem to vaporize. It is human nature to go to the bad. We have to be reminded about the good. I also try hard to go home and close the door to the bad. I have other things I have to do at home. Like my kids and issues. The teachers that "bring kids issues" home with them get eaten alive.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote