View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #403
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I hope most fans are smart enough to see this. I fear they won’t be.

The owners have privatized the profits from MLB. Now they’re asking their employees to socialize the risk.

Sorry. Being an MLB owner isn’t a guaranteed ticket to earn a profit every year or earn XYZ profit every year.

I haven’t seen any owners offering bonuses to players when profits exceed normal. But they’re quick to say “help is bear the costs” when things go bad (for one year).
I'm not sure it would've stood out to me as much had I not just seen the NFL Owners do it.

The venn diagram for fans that would follow the NFL Labor strife AND the MLB labor strife probably doesn't have that large an overlap. And without paying pretty close attention to both, I could see how people would miss it.

But yeah, I just do not understand why the owners think they're entitled to print money. It really is shady - either you socialize the profits or you don't socialize the losses. Well they clearly aren't inclined to socialize the profits. And I don't blame them - the exact reason I don't is BECAUSE they're the guys who take the financial risk if things go ass-backwards.

But shit, if they believe they're above having to take risk in this thing, then I don't see how they can claim to be entitled to 100% profit stake. Man, it just doesn't work that way, especially when you're in a skilled industry and dealing with the best .01% of people that attempted to do this job at a high level.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.