View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 02:53 AM   #178
Veteran

Finally saw this last night. Overall mixed obviously. Some random first thoughts below:

Overall I could just about deal with Palpatine but think they could’ve done it a lot better - like he could maybe have been a Sauron/Voldemort spirit and needed Rey and Ren’s power to restore him. I guess that’s been done in LOTR and HP so maybe thought it was too obvious

I could deal with Rey being a palpatine but they should have figured that out from the start. She was a Skywalker in TFA, nobody in TLJ and the Palpatine in TROS. Also like everyone says above, the emperor never banged anyone so maybe she should’ve been a niece or something

Some seriously bad acting at times. Finn and Poe together are awful. In general I don’t like Poe - trying to be Han but not fit to tie his cleats

Finn was a waste of time and should have died in the last one

There was no real character development for Rey. They should’ve figured out if she was untrained and not ready, or nearly trained and needed a final mission to finish, or just a fully trained badass ready for emperor lightning skills/yoda jumping. She lost to Ren quite easily, leia saved her. They should’ve done a lot more with her resisting the dark side.

I didn’t mind Ren/Ben in this one. The thing with Han was pretty well done.

People dying/ coming back was stupid shit. Chewy dead for one minute was pointless

Lando was disappointing and creepy at the end

Everyone turning up in battle craft was too random and unnecessary

C3PO’s memory should’ve stayed wiped or gone back in with R2’s attitude added

Dark side Rey should’ve been seen more

The power ranger woman was pointless as were all the othe new characters that they’ve just put in for spin off movies

Overall it felt like Disney just wanted the original saga over with so they can get on with milking new stories. I think Han and Leia came out of these 3 films unscathed but Luke was messed with a bit too much. His ending in TLJ was ok for me though.

I think the film was a bit too ‘glossy’ I liked some of the stuff in TFA that abrams did which had a grittier feel. Although there were some nice shots in this one - the rolling scene in the star destroyer with Poe and Finn was excellent, if only it was with someone other than the worst 2 characters in the film

6/10
UK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliUK_Chief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli