Thread: News RIP Billy Graham
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #134
Supporter

First, where is the evidence that Graham was worth $25 M? The Billy Graham Evangelism Association may be worth that much but that is/was not his money. There is a 15 member Board of Directors who oversees the ministry. My understanding is that his home in N.C. is/was a modest house.

Note: His son Franklin may be making a huge salary ... IMHO he is not of the same character as his father.

Billy made the decision early on that he would receive a salary and not just get money any time he wanted. He knew the criticism he would receive if he didn't. Yes, he wrote books that sold millions of copies, but all of that money went into the treasury of the Association and not into his bank account. And, the Association used/uses the money in ministry all around the world. I have Southeast Asian pastor friends who were able to attend an evangelism conferences in Amsterdam because the Graham Association paid the expenses.

I heard decades ago, as Chiefshrink said above, Graham would have someone else go into his hotel room before he entered. All he needed to ruin his ministry would have been for him to enter his hotel room and a naked woman run out screaming as he entered.

Yes, as some of you have pointed out, he made mistakes. But, as Jesus said, "“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone ..." As I have said, "there has been only one perfect (without sin) person ... and guess what happened to him?" I think the way he handled his "failings" demonstrates his greatness. I can't say the same for the son.

Taxes ... I can attest that the IRS does take an interest into the income of pastors/ministers/religious workers.
Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote