View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #12
Veteran

I have a place in KC too and have google fiber anyway, so I hooked up a slingbox and get my football through local kc broadcast. I have a tivo on it to to catch the small number of OTA shows I want to watch since I can't get OTA reception in LA. That plus netflix and amazon (have anyway for the shipping) equals no more directv and sunday ticket for me. This was the first season I did it and it is just about perfect. I have not had a reception issue yet on the KC side as CBS is really a strong channel for my setup. The rare fox game could be an issue, but this year I was in kc attending that game so no issue.

All in all, I save close to 200 dollars a month, because the only added cost is the tivo fee of 15 dollars. I already had everything else, plus the initial one time cost of 200 for the slingbox. I have also watched one game from my phone (verizon does free local and prime time games on the nfl app.) That was the Thursday night game because I was still at work.

Compared to the annual freakout I have over the cost of directv, it is a huge success.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli