View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #45
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If he can find a way to get a contract that yields us a 4th round comp pick, you gotta let him walk and it's not even a question, IMO.

Watkins effort last week might have worked him back into a 3rd/4th round value as a trade piece.

I think I've come to the conclusion that a LOT of this comes down to next Sunday. Win it and you can bank your chips. At that point you go ahead and deal Jones and Watkins. You let Robinson leave for the comp pick. You re-stock the draft cupboard and do a soft re-load around the key pieces of your squad.

You'll have earned the franchise capital to do that. Win it this year and you can easily make a decision that shrinks your window a bit in 2020 in exchange for pushing it open longer and wider thereafter.

But if you lose Sunday you probably have to maintain a very aggressive posture for the 2020 season.
Look at what Sanu and Sanders fetched via trades.

49ers sent a 3rd and 4th for Sanders and a 5th.
Pats sent a 2nd for Sanu.

Sanu is under contract in 2020 for 6.5 Million
Sanders is a fracking free agent after the Super Bowl.

Don't tell me a guy like Watkins doesn't have value. I mean if I was Green Bay, I'd be all over a guy like that to play opposite of Davante Adams. Watkins is exactly what Rogers and the Packers need. Yeah, you have to pay him, but is going to cost you a mid-round pick.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.