View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #44
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
What's Robinson worth on the open market? His numbers don't even match Chris Conley's, who tore an ACL the year prior to hitting free agency and was always injured and missing games. Conley's deal was only $4.5 million over two years.

I've never been a fan of Robinson, as he's always been more smoke than fire. But maybe he'll light it up in the Super Bowl and cause some team to overpay for his services.

Otherwise, I'd expect him to be dirt cheap.
If he can find a way to get a contract that yields us a 4th round comp pick, you gotta let him walk and it's not even a question, IMO.

Watkins effort last week might have worked him back into a 3rd/4th round value as a trade piece.

I think I've come to the conclusion that a LOT of this comes down to next Sunday. Win it and you can bank your chips. At that point you go ahead and deal Jones and Watkins. You let Robinson leave for the comp pick. You re-stock the draft cupboard and do a soft re-load around the key pieces of your squad.

You'll have earned the franchise capital to do that. Win it this year and you can easily make a decision that shrinks your window a bit in 2020 in exchange for pushing it open longer and wider thereafter.

But if you lose Sunday you probably have to maintain a very aggressive posture for the 2020 season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.