View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #41
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Updated: I had a lot of spare time at work today.

Today’s exercise involves tagging and trading Chris Jones to Tampa for their first, third, and 2021 second. It’s a tough call but a reasonable scenario for KC.

Here’s a plan based on that:

1.14 AJ Epenesa, DL, Iowa. Epenesa is a powerful, versatile DL. He might be a little light to play DT on all downs, he slides inside nicely on pass downs and has enough power to play some early down snaps there, too. Also like Javon Kinlaw as a DL option here, who is more of a true DT.

1.32 Nick Harris, C, Washington. Washington is very Rodney Hudson from descriptions. He’s athletic and powerful in run game, but can pass block and is athletic. Would be a major upgrade from Reiter.

2.63 Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss State. Dantzler is a physical specimen, but really this is just “best CB who fits scheme” for me. If Patrick Queen was here I’d be all over that, but his stock is sky rocketing.

3.76 Jordyn Brooks, MLB, Texas Tech. The Red Raider MLB has potential to be a 3-down backer. Decent measureables and runs well enough to be good in coverage.

3.96 Cam Akers, RB, Florida State. Similar to Dantzler, best RB left here for me. Not sure Akers makes it here, but there are plenty of similar alternatives. Clyde Edwards-Helaire intrigues me a bunch.

4.128 Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri. Elliott is a physical specimen who graded out well and was productive for Mizzou. His technique needs some work, but he has really great measureables.

5.160 WR Denzel Mims, Baylor. I’ve developed a bit of a crush on Mims of late. He’s a track guy at 6-3 who seems to have good short area quickness, too. Could see him being a nice weapon and is a guy who has more in the tank.

With the money I’m saving on Jones, I focus on re-signing a couple of solid holdovers like Breeland and DeMarkus Robinson.

If I can add a veteran G/C to help upgrade a second spot on the OL, I’ll take a stab at that.

Tough to move on from Jones, but the depth of players I’m adding instead of him (first round DL, potential starting LB, and maybe a solid upgrade at LG to pair with an upgrade at C) just offers too much value not to do it.

Mims is killing it at the senior bowl. Probably pushing himself to Day 2.

Akeem Davis-Gaither is another LB I liked that I was hoping Moght be there in the 4th/5th, but he’s also blowing up in Mobile.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.