View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 03:09 AM   #39
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post
I like it. It covers a lot of the areas of need. I really like Chris Jones but the money may force a trade and that would be a nice haul of players.

For at least a couple of years I've wanted a backup TE that could kind of fill in if Kelce missed some time. I've given up on drafting or even signing a real good free agent.

A player that I think has some potential but maybe not the steep price tag, is TE Nick Vannett, Age 26, 6-6, 260, 10 inch hands, decent TE speed. He had an unremarkable career at Ohio State with 4 years, 55 catches, 585 yards and 6 TDs, yet he was drafted in the 3rd round (94) by Seattle Seahawks. Nick was traded to Pittsburgh Steelers this last season for a 2020 5th round draft pick. In 4 years in the NFL he has 61 catches, 591 yards and 4 TDs. In 2018 Vannett played 49% of Seattle offensive snap counts, but mainly as a blocker. Nick Vannett's nick name is "Baby Gronk".

I know I've lowered my backup TE standards, But I think maybe Travis Kelce, re-signing Blake Bell at a team friendly deal, and an inexpensive contract with a guy like Nick Vannett might help the Chiefs.
I would love the for Chiefs to draft a TE but it doesn't seem the year for it, unless its a 4th/5th round flyer on a guy. Lovett (I think that was his name?) got some hype in the pre-season this year as a FB/TE type guy, my hope is that he turns out to be a better TE2 than Bell and Bell becomes TE3 and then maybe they take a guy high in the draft the following year.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote