View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #38
Veteran

I like it. It covers a lot of the areas of need. I really like Chris Jones but the money may force a trade and that would be a nice haul of players.

For at least a couple of years I've wanted a backup TE that could kind of fill in if Kelce missed some time. I've given up on drafting or even signing a real good free agent.

A player that I think has some potential but maybe not the steep price tag, is TE Nick Vannett, Age 26, 6-6, 260, 10 inch hands, decent TE speed. He had an unremarkable career at Ohio State with 4 years, 55 catches, 585 yards and 6 TDs, yet he was drafted in the 3rd round (94) by Seattle Seahawks. Nick was traded to Pittsburgh Steelers this last season for a 2020 5th round draft pick. In 4 years in the NFL he has 61 catches, 591 yards and 4 TDs. In 2018 Vannett played 49% of Seattle offensive snap counts, but mainly as a blocker. Nick Vannett's nick name is "Baby Gronk".

I know I've lowered my backup TE standards, But I think maybe Travis Kelce, re-signing Blake Bell at a team friendly deal, and an inexpensive contract with a guy like Nick Vannett might help the Chiefs.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote