View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #114
Stram was Cav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've been doing a locational analysis of retirement locations, taking into account taxes, housing costs, and cost of living. If folks are interested, I'll post the results. I just finished it this week and looked at 80+ locations (nearly all in the USA, mostly in the west but with some other places like Florida.

Tax structure makes a big difference in retirement, depending on how you get your income.
Would love to see this, Rainman.
My wife and I both grew up in San Diego; perfect thru high school, but would never retire there.
If I could afford it, somewhere in the Bavarian Alps. I'm fairly fluent in German, people there are awesome, as are food, hefeweizen, and scenery. But not an option.
Current job keeps me here in Kansas, but we're considering western South Dakota or Wyoming once I retire. Low humidity, not brutally cold in winter, beautiful scenery, and great tax situation.
Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Warrior5 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.