View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #3025
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Masking View Post
i think what a lot people on here don't understand or can't get over it is that general "likeability" is a lot like athletic ability - it's mostly genetic. you can read books, study long hours, dress the part and do everything you can to make it work - but you'll never be as good at it as someone just "born with it"

i myself am horribly unlikeable, and it used to really bother me. i couldn't sell a desert nomad a glass of water for a penny because if given the option of living with himself, knowing he made me money, or dying out in the desert of thirst with his pride intact, he'd choose to die. even if i played the salesman part to the best of my ability.

it used to eat me up inside that i could try so damn hard, say everything i was supposed to say, only to watch people that didn't give a shit become more popular than me (im talking about life, NOT Chiefsplanet). it took me a long time to admit that i just don't "have it", get over that, and move on to things that better suited my personality.

and i think that's main reason some people hate you so much. it has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with them. jealousy is a petty emotion, not to mention highly transparent.
You're suggesting there is somebody out there jealous of Hootie? Am I reading this right?