Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #320
Hello

Alright fisherman. It's coming up. Fishing time.

Any experienced Northern Pike fisherman on CP? We have a great bass/northern/bluegill/crappie/perch lake that doesn't get fished very hard for pike. I know there are pike in there at or around 20 lbs. The game warden is a good friend, and they electroshocked it. They found some HUGE northern, as well as several state record largemouths (they haven't told anyone but me and my brother and we're keeping that shit tight lipped). I've been getting pretty good at catching the bigger bass, but i want to get into the pike as well.

I catch a shitload of smaller pike, usually 3-6 pounders, but generally not much over that. They seem to like my bass lures, often destroying them if i am using a spinnerbait.

My question is, if i want to target these pike over 10 pounds, what do you experts of the northern pike fishing world recommend.

Any tips/lures/strategies/rod setups? What say you?
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.