View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #813
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I don't think it's safe to take any of the public statements at face value. It appears to me that Pac12 was interested in taking Texas and OU and something one or both of them demanded (probably UT) was too much for them to accept. So it could be just as true that Texas told them to back the hell off as it seems to be that the Pac12 did. If the Pac12 didn't want something here, they would have never entertained the idea of taking OU/TX in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
From my source...

"It was a done deal until things got messy and difficult.* Even Scott, the biggest proponent of the superconferences did not think he could make this work seemlessly.* I just spoke to a well placed Pac Ten official who told me that the expanded league would have been as messy as the Big 12 has been with big egos and the desire for special status.* The presidents who were on board as of last week were turned off by having to compromise to add schools they wanted (OU and UT) and were not thrilled with having to take OSU and TTech.* So instead of humiliating anybody with a rejection, they just decided to stand pat until this thing blows up again in a couple of years.* The Big 12 survives again. For now while the Pac 12 will flourish as 12."
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.