View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #188
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
I guess I just don't get the "doing something to help people" thing.

Why do they need "help?"

I'm pretty sure that they are getting paid for it, and in addition, are getting free room and board, college education assistance packages, will get free medical for the rest of their lives (VA), good home loan and business loan packages, etc.

I mean, shit...it's not like they are a bunch of third world refugees eating sand to stay alive.

I just think it's strange that people think that they need "help" when there is actually a shit ton of people around the globe who actually, truly need "help" but they don't count for two shits because they aren't dressed in camo with a US flag shoulder patch, carrying a machine gun and being a part of an foreign occupying army somewhere. It's not like they were drafted or pressed ganged and being forced to serve somewhere against their will.
So don't contribute. Go back to your awsome-ly self-centered life.

As a person who has been on the other end, and received care packages addressed to "Any Serviceman" from middle schools, old-folks homes, and people like Big Red Chief- my morale soared. When you sleep on a cot, or in a combat vehicle for 365 days, eat MREs two out of three meals, drink refreshingly hot water on a 115 degree day, getting something-- ANYthing in the mail is great.

Bottom line- it's not about the chow, or the DVDs, books, magazines, etc. It's knowing you're not forgotten. It's knowing that some folks, who put the elected officials in charge of sending your ass 7,800 miles away from home haven't grown apathetic, disinterested, or indifferent about your fate. Yes, you're right; no one forced them to enlist. Regardless, they do your bidding and carry scary machineguns and wear the U.S. flag like a bunch of witless fucks that you'd like to categorize them as.

So, again; just move along. Free Tibet or something.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.