View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #1082
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Yeah, but R8ers didn't know. Dane has told people to go **** their mom, get ****ed by this and that, so how was R8er supposed to know that calling Dane a audiophile was crossing the line? Doesn't add up.
I tend to agree, unless R8ers somehow found/figured something out on Dane and knew his weak spot. Even so, it certainly wasn't board knowledge. If Dane had ignored it, it would've been (IMO) just another over-the-top CP insult. But for whatever reason, it struck a nerve with Dane and he allowed everyone to know it.

My post about Dane having a legit reason wasn't to excuse his "I'm leaving forever" thread. It was to suggest that maybe Dane had a legit reason to take offense at R8ers' insult. It would explain why THAT made him fly off the handle, but other stuff didn't.

Dane should've walked away from the computer and taken a few days/weeks/months off without all this drama. I've done that more than once. It's a lot better than posting something you're gonna regret almost as soon as it's posted. I've come very close a few times to posting something over the top in anger, but instead I've just walked away. And usually within minutes the anger cools and I'm so glad I didn't become "THAT GUY" on the Internet.

As many have pointed out, there is of course lots of irony that it is Dane 1) being the wounded victim of insult, and 2) making a big deal of it to the point he pulls perhaps the most-mocked act on CP, the "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread.

If he returns after awhile, that's fine. I just wonder if it will have had any effect on his posting schtick.
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.