Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #197
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
So, not having fished the coasts, you can't just pull up to the shore with some line-bait-pole and have a day without huge expense?

I mean, you can't fish from the shore I'm guessing due to the waves/tide and whatnot in most places, but there are a $#it-ton of places in the NE area and FLA gulf side protected from a lot of that I'd think.
Well, you can fish from the shore, it's just not always productive. Jetties and boardwalks/piers can provide good "shore" fishing as well. Kayaks let you get out past the breakers and into more productive water without really having to go real far offshore.

If you do just a little research and ask around some about where to go, then it can definitely be productive to just go out with your bait and gear. Probably the most popular and productive way to fish for the average dude without a boat is to find a pier that has lights on at night and fish off the pier. It just doesn't really work for fly fishing, which is my preferred method of fishing. It can also be extremely boring if the timing is off (but I guess all fishing can be boring if you ain't catching).
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.