View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #985
Right in the Lumberyard Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
A couple other questions....

#1 - What degree's do you want for a long iron? I found a site showing individual clubs and they list 18, 21, 24, & 27.

#2 - Which would be better - steel or graphite? I think steel would be better...but I'm also not that good.

#3 - Regular or stiff? Regular would be what I would buy, would there be any benefit to stiff for me?
I still hit my long irons, but have put a 20* hybrid in my bag. You will love them, especially if you have problems hitting long irons.

#1 - They say a 20* should be about a 4 iron, but from experience and watching several others, you will hit a hybrid farther than the iron it is supposed to replace. So I sometimes pull my 3 iron and hit a hybrid which is what they would call a 4.

#2 - Can't really go wrong either way, I am using graphite, as most others are too.

#3 - All depends on your swing? Go with what you have in your wood/irons. If you are a Reg and swing a stiff you will lose distance.

FYI - Adams makes good hybrids, and can be bought cheap. I don't like offset, but for the average golfer it is a good thing. I picked up one off e bay for $11.50 for a brand new Idea, I gave it to a friend, and he loves it. I am hitting a Cobra right now.

I will say, Hybrids are probably one of the best things that have came out in golf to improve the game of a recreational golfer. People that struggle to hit 3 and 4 or even 5, if you want to go that far, will be amazed.

Just get on ebay, 3balls or other big stores, will have plenty of cheap choices for you.
smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.