View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #337
Cry havoc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
This.

If Pioli pulls the trigger on a trade, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if he didn't protect us in some way, like maybe a conditional 3rd round choice that could escalate based on performance.

Pats fans are overvaluing the guy (I'm using the same reasoning that others are using, his supporting cast/scheme), but I don't think Pioli will completely whiff on leverage.

I'd rather take a flyer on Sanchez/Stafford because of the possible upside.
I agree. I think the benefit here is that Pioli knows the guy inside and out and knows exactly why he was successful and what system he'd need to be successful in. He also knows the Pats motivations inside and out and would know how to get fair value in a negotiation and if the Pats want to get his salary off the cap or are willing to hold it. The other benefit is that Pioli is not so emotionally attached to guys like DV that he's going to start publicly campaigning that Trent Green is worth a first round pick and we have to do what we can to get Green, BEFORE the deal is done. If Pioli and the coach want this guy, at least they'll have the best inside info on him...
DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.