View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #207
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81 View Post
That is such an absurd statement on it's face.

Matt Cassel sure does look good when staring at Stafford and Sanchez?

Why? Because he's older, sat for a few years to learn a system, and performed admirably in an offense loaded with great players?

Matt Cassel couldn't beat out Stafford or Sanchez if all three were in college at the same time, so the only reason he would look better than either now is because he's older and has actually played in the NFL.

I think it's nuts to think Cassel is so far above Stafford/Sanchez, yet he would ride the pine behind both in college. You can't discount the two QBs simply because they haven't had the chance to play pro ball yet.

If Cassel excelled in the NFL, then there's absolutely no reason to think Stafford or Sanchez wouldn't do as well or better in a similar system.
It raised my eyebrow when I heard it. I respect both of them, they seem like they really know talent evaluation, but these statements through me off.

I'm thinking it's because of 'known commodity' vs. 'potential'. Haven't had time to call in to get him to clarify. I would think if you're a young team building for the long term, the 'potential' would be more important than NFL experience/known commodity.
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.