View Single Post
Old 08-01-2001, 09:10 PM   #315
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Damn, I wish I'd got in on this one earlier. I really should check in more. I could've had a field day with this clown.

Anyway, some random thoughts after reading through 17 pages of this crap.

1. I agree that the mascots of certain teams (namely the Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins) would probably offend me if I was a Native American. I fail to see how an arrowhead is offense to anyone, though, except possibly someone who just had one shot through them at the end of an arrow.

2. Native Americans are NOT the only people in the world who have used arrowheads on the tips of their arrows. Seems like my European ancestors shot the hell out of each other with arrowhead-tipped arrows for centuries before upgrading to guns. Does some particular tribe hold a patent or copyright on the arrowhead that I'm not aware of? I don't think so.

3. The whole idea of calling Native Americans "Indians" originated with Columbus, who mistakely thought he had landed on an island near India when he walked up on the beach of San Salvador. Even after the truth was learned, for some reason the name stuck. So in truth, no Native Americans are actually Indians, as they come from America, not India. I wonder if people from India are offended by our arrowhead? Hmm.....

4. Of course, Native Americans probably shouldn't be called that, either, since "America" is named after Amerigo Vespucci, the first European explorer with enough of a clue to realize "you know, I think this just might be a whole new fucking couple of continents." If they don't want to be named after people from India, would they want to be named after some Italian explorer?

5. Thank God they used Amerigo's first name. I'd really hate like hell to call myself a Vespuccian.

6. I highly doubt that the vast majority of Native Americans really give a shit about the arrowhead on the sides of our helmets. Of course, there's always someone out there who will be offended by everything, and of course there's always muck-raking liberal do-gooder douchebag to trumpet his plight as if it were actually important. Ever drive across an Indian reservation? I have. Believe me, they have better things to worry about.

7. Pearlman, you seem very concerned about all the terrible things we've done to the Indians. God knows there were plenty of them. So I have a suggestion on how you can curb your bleeding-heart, liberal guilt - find the nearest Native American, sign over the deed to your house to him, which is undoubtedly on his land, and go the fuck back to whatever European country your ancestors hailed from, since you obviously have no right to be here. C'mon, man, take a stand! Do the right thing! Obviously none of us racist Chief fans are willing right 500 years of wrongs! Of course, I forgot - liberals don't make meaningful sacrifices themselves - they just whine about them in coffeehouses and lecture halls and then try get everyone else to shoulder the load. Forget I mentioned it.

8. I'm not surprised that falstaff doesn't like football. He strikes me a Barbie-and-Ken type of guy. Football probably scares him. Along with all us racists.

9. This hasn't been a very serious reply, but these morons don't rate one.

10. WHO GIVES A shit???? GO CHIEFS!

Have a nice day!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.