View Single Post
Old 08-01-2001, 08:30 PM   #270
**** the Raiders

Alright, I haven't read any of the posts on this thread, I am merely responding to the topic starter.

Falstaff,
I wonder if you could clear up something for me, how is the word Chiefs in any shape manner or form racist? Clearly some of the examples you gave are racist, but I have never considered chief to be one of those derogatory terms. Let us be realistic, when some one wants to derogatory to an Italian they call them a wop, if a black it is the "n word", but how many times have you heard the term chief in a derogatory manner? "Listen to me you dirty chief!" You just don't get that very often (dare I say at all?).

If you and the other half wits out there on this ridiculous warpath (pun indeed intended) would stop and think that perhaps it is a for honor to these people, you might actually get on the right track. Think about it, Indians were great warriors, chiefs were ussually the greatest warriors in the tribe, so we are taking their name so that when people think of the Chiefs, they think of mighty warriors. It is an honor, not a form of racism.

BTW, what team are you a fan of? Just curious as to why you would be hanging out with a bunch of "racists".
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.