View Single Post
Old 08-01-2001, 07:58 PM   #15
Starter

I haven't read through all of the replies and stuff so I may be repeating a lot or maybe not at all.

In my view, the name of a sports team should represent something that is a powerful force. That is why every team has opted not to name their team the Lambs or Sissies. A Chief is obviously one of those things that is powerful. I don't see how that is insulting or demoralizing.

There is such a thing as being desensitized and at the same time there is such a thing as being over sensitive. I think reacting this way to the name Chiefs is over sensitive. I don't deny that racism exists in every aspect of America and sports. Every race has somewhat of a superiority complex or reasons to think that they are better than the other groups. The thing that I have grown tired of is the seemingly popular belief that whites are the only source of racism.

Anyway, at least their name isn't the MISSORIANS.
Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tomahawk 11 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.