View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 02:57 PM   #5414
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
Yikes, dude. Yeah, get the car out of their ASAP. This is simple shit you're asking that any competent fab shop should be able to handle. If you don't, you're gonna end up paying double. Paying him to **** up your car, and then paying someone else to fix his **** ups and get it right.

We deal with this shit at our shop all the time. Matter of fact, we DENY cars at times based on WHO did the previous work, because we know what we're in for. We're gonna end up being the assholes who have to tell dude that everything he paid for, we have to junk, on top of the added time and aggravation of undoing the **** ups.

WTF do you mean, "Do you want the coil over adjustable?" bro....if it's not adjustable, it likely aint a coil over. Does he not know what that term means?

And for wheels, i have diagrams for my customers to help them measure their own backspace. If there's nothing uniuqe about the suspension, i can get on the phone right now and have an answer in MINUTES as to the suggested back spacing for your Camaro. That's just....no....

As far as suspension goes, i am a wholesaler for:

Rod & Custom
Ride Tech
Control Freaks
Global West
Total Control
....and i have access to several more through my 3rd party warehouses....

Im an American Racing/Wheel Pros dealer as well, among others.

If you got questions, HMU and im happy to help. As you know, i deal in classic Fords/Mustang, not Chevy's. But a lot of these wholesalers are the same.
'bout to drive this mother****er to your shop...

Yeah - "You want adjustables?" was about the damndest thing I've ever heard. He coulda just asked if I want my water wet and it wouldn't have puzzled me any more than that.

Playing phonetag with my guy Mitch and if he's willing to take it, I'm getting it out of there. I just can't wrap my head around that answer.

Do you know of anyone that sells the standard old school 5-slot rallye GM wheels but made of aluminum? Looks like BG Rod Works does, but the widest I can get in 15s is a 7 inch and that won't hold 265s on the back. I think I'd have to go up to 17s in back and that's too much offset, IMO. Will look a little strange.

It looks like American Racing Vintage might do something like that but i think they only go down to 17s. And I just am not dealing with fender rub up front anymore. And I'd like to get to 15s so I can put more sidewall in there (ride and cosmetic purposes).

Essentially this. 15" or 16" and in aluminum if possible. If I have to go steel, I will - they're just not as good.

I'd almost rather nut up and spend the money on the damn 2-pieces than go steel, but we're talking another $2K to do so for wheels that don't really require a 2-piece setup to look how I want them to.

Ugh...So irritating.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.