View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 12:12 PM   #1296
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
How do people even get their vehicle stolen? I don't even know how you would steal my car. It wouldn't drive. I don't know how it would even be possible. And then I would get an immediate notification to my app.
A couple things -

Your key fob is constantly sending out a signal, looking for the car. That signal can be boosted with a simple machine bought on the internet. It then clones that signal and can send it back out (without the key). It's like a wifi booster.

Additionally, there are even more sophisticated machines that don't need the key fob nearby to clone the signal.

Kia and Hyundai use a particular key fob technology that is easy to clone. there are youtube videos on how to do it. There's a reason Kia and Hyundai have six vehicles on the top 10 most stolen list.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote