View Single Post
Old 05-17-2024, 09:38 AM   #342
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake View Post
Anybody else psyched for Imola this weekend? Those Ferrari upgrades look legit. Plus Piastri will have the same upgrades Norris used to win in Miami. Should be a competitive race.
Great start -1/2 in FP2 this morning after going 1/3 in FP1.

It's been funny, though. LeClerc and Sainz have been talking these upgrades up BIGGLY while Vasseur is doing everything he can to undersell them. I have no earthly idea what to expect at this point.

That said, my understanding is that Ferrari didn't intend to do what McLaren did and do a MASSIVE upgrade dump in a single weekend. This was supposed to be the first of a series of smaller incremental upgrades. Just small stuff like putting in an overbite on the sidepod so they can capture a little more air (and settle the car) to allow more adjustment with the rear wing.

I mean, I guess nothings small - the overbite sidepod probably required a shitload of changes to the ducts, etc... But I didn't actually expect this to be as massive a step forward as McLaren got in Miami.

I guess we'll find out. Early returns are promising.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.