View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 09:44 AM   #1880
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The best argument for the Wemby crowd would be games 4 and 5.

Wemby's more likely to be someone like Jokic that controls everything on the floor. And when he was at his best, game 5 happened and the Nuggest waxed Minnesota.

Game 4 was about as well as Edwards can play. He was efficient, he was active, he was smart with the ball. And they lost anyway. Now I think ultimately you put that on Towns shitting the bed and Conley just not doing quite enough while Gobert coasted through much of the game. But that's where the 'gets his teammates involved' stuff comes into play.

Cna Edwards be a guy that gets Gobert to engage or Conley more involved while stil getting his 40 points? He's not that guy yet - but maybe someday.
I think we saw Edwards take over games in the playoffs and even despite superhuman efforts fell short to Denver. That to me is a teammate issue. It kind of feels like a UVA issue. You have this super defensive team but at some point you're gonna face a team that can explode despite your best defense. And the twolves just don't have firepower outside of Ant. Gobert is worthless on offense, Conley's steady but old, and McDaniels is basically gobert except he can hit a wide open jump shot.

I just see him as much different from a KD or Brandon Ingram who need to volume shoot. Ant seems more than willing to move the ball but he just doesn't trust his teammates... For good reason
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.