View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 09:55 PM   #10
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
There are like 350 million people in America. Imagine every single one of them requiring a full body MRI or imaging scan or whatever it would take to detect cancerous lumps each year.

Then think about all the wasted resources we’d spend on all of the benign lumps that would inevitably pop up.

I’m no expert on the subject but I’d imagine you would end up spending a lot more on what amounts to nothing than you’d save on preventing extended treatments.
Pretty much much every CT or ultrasound has as incidental benign finding that ends up needing more imaging or follow ups that will never amount to anything . Thyroid nodules are probably the cancer we spends the most money on and there hasn’t been a change in mortality or morbidity in 50 years , been doing yearly ultrasound on the same people for 25 years even the ones that do get there thyroid removed for cancer we still do yearly F/u for possible recurrence, which I think I have see once in that time span.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.