Thread: Movies and TV The Office: A Spin Off
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 09:44 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I can almost bet that this doesn't go beyond the first season.
To be completely fair, most would've said the same thing about the American version of The Office once announced.

That show just shouldn't have worked. But man did it.

And the reason I say that is that I HATED Michael heavy episodes. Thought they were just awful. But then when he left the entire show fell apart. So you realized that a character that you really didn't like as a central focus was instrumental to the success of the show.

How rare is that?

I mean yeah - the best bet is always that a show isn't going to work. Especially an ensemble show where you just don't know who's going to be a breakout character and if you've cast/written that character well enough. It would've been so easy for them to mis-cast Michael and have the show crater. Or Jim. Or Pam. Or Dwight. When you need strong support from several different characters and failing on any one of them could crater the whole thing, that's working without a net.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.