View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 07:14 AM   #18129
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
You're already doing it the right way. But just blade tenderizing or poking with a fork then doing Allegro and garlic for a marinade is the first part. If nothing else you've gotta tenderize and salt them a while.

I changed my process a little this time and it was perfection. I patted dry, left out at room temp for an hour. Salted and used some avo oil to sear over direct high heat for about 4 mins a side. Then moved over to indirect heat and let finish with a probe until it hits 120. Took another 15 mins. Tented and rested with butter for probably 45 mins honestly because I got busy.

Mostly my mind wants to cook a "steak" like a steak. Direct high heat with flipping constantly. Tent and rest 15 mins and you're good to go with typical cuts. These top sirloins are cut so thick and they're so lean I think the hot sear then indirect finish with much longer resting time made all of the difference in the world. And they need to sit out a while to not be cold in the center when they get on the grill.
Great job, but now you've got me thinking Sous Vide too. Four+ hours at 120, then a quick sear sounds like a rainy day project.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.