View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 01:07 PM   #809
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Do you think his massive increase in BB rate and massive drop in K rate is just sample size or some kind of permanent adjustment?

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...r-perez-521692

His chase rate is still god awful per baseball savant yet if you extrapolated his BB and Ks it would be so far off his seasonal avgs it is insane.
I would make an argument that Salvy's chase stat is an exception to the rule given how hard he hits stuff out of the zone. I haven't looked at any stats to back it up, but I think of that homerun he hit on a ball six inches below the zone as an example. Also, despite the chase rate, his wjiff rate is insane especially given how much he chases. He makes good contact on stuff outside the zone. So maybe he's selective with respect to his contact radius rather than the strike zone.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote