Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 02:05 PM   #72824
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
You say I'm not a serious person. I poke my head in here about twice a year, and remember that this thread, for the most part, is not about serious discussion. Because I know that you aren't ignorant; so, you must just be disingenuous, right? Because an honest, intelligent person doesn't deliberately start a conversation with one premise ("upside"), and then switch, midstream, to another one ("You delusional fool. Drew Brees is on his way to Canton. Duh!")

The definition of upside is "promise, potential, best-case scenario." It isn't a prediction. It's the top end of a range.

I said that his upside is an more athletic version of Drew Brees. It's a fact that by almost any measurable, Bo Nix, at this stage, has been more successful than Drew Brees, at the same stage. And the strengths of his game are similar to what were considered the strengths of Brees' game, coming out of college - except Bo Nix is more athletic.

But then what happened with Drew Brees? He became Drew Brees. We don't know that Bo Nix will do something similar. The odds are against him, considering how few quarterbacks have that kind of career. You guys just take that simple concept and try to extrapolate something from it that was never said - hence, the statement that this is not a serious place.

The whole point is, again, that it's stupid to say, "Grade F! You guys just got the second coming of Jake Locker!" I can't speak for anyone else. But the point I made was that it was similarly stupid to say in 2017, "You dummies reached for Patrick Mahomes. He may as well have 'BUST' tattoo'd on his forehead."
Speaking of that, what was the consensus on the Orange Mane when Mahomes was drafted? And don't BS me.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote