View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:38 AM   #1690
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I totally agree with that. I think the teams have all the leverage. Especially the Chiefs. They can do pretty much whatever they want.

My point was that even when you look at that statement from Frank White, he doesn't say anything or use any kind of language that a politician would say about working to keep the Royals and Chiefs. He kind of comes across like he's powerless watching the waves roll by, when he is the government official who actually has the ability to work with the teams to try and come up with a deal or plan that would be more acceptable for taxpayers. Or just say we're not doing this.
I believe that the royals and chiefs no longer find it favorable to be roommates at TSC and are the ones responsible for the lack of partnership with the city. White wanted a better more transparent plan and the teams didn't give it to him.

You can't negotiate with someone who doesn't want to negotiate. You say its Frank, I think it's the teams. Frank has everything to lose, the teams have everything to gain.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.