View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:03 AM   #1044
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I just don't understand this take at all.

I don't think anybody knew he would have the fastest 40 time ever, but that kind of stuff is hard to predict with the eye test, and he is still extremely fast on the football field. As long as he's faster than the other guy, which he almost always is on the field, what difference does it make?

Fast is fast.
You just don’t see worthy leave people on film and you’re right, he runs fast enough to out run his opponent. I’m just hoping that we can tap into his talent and see him reach another gear where he makes mahomes job easy with elite separation. He has the talent to do that, especially with Andy putting him in motion to help get him off the line. I think he will be better than Hardman. He shows more talent in route running. You often see the artificial turf flip up when he makes cuts and that’s another area of why I think we traded up for him. He shows more ability or potential in his cuts on routes and becoming an elite route runner than anyone else in that range for us to pick. And maybe I should give worthy some grace for not going 100 mph on every route because you often see him adjust to poorly thrown balls. In one route I saw him run down the sideline and turn and run backwards for two or three steps to catch the ball. But with Mahomes arm strength, it would be nice to exploit that deep speed. I wonder if his speed is limited by pads and the helmet more than other players with his size. I’m hoping for the best version of worthy and I think Andy has the greatest shot of getting the best out of him.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote