Thread: Other Sports Brittany Griner Interview.
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 05:17 AM   #83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
What is quintessentially more American than the freedom to express your opinion? Americans are all the sudden wanting people to kiss the rulers ring?

It is likely that I don’t agree with your opinions on many issues. That’s okay. I don’t for an instant think that lessens your citizenship. Does the fact that Brittany Griner is critical of current political outcomes lessens her citizenship?
I agree that it is "quintessentially" American to be able to express your opinion and that is exactly what I did in my post. However, nobody is required to support your opinion when you express it. In fact, as Americans, we are equally free to express our disgust with someone else when they express opinions that we find to be disgusting.

If you reread my post, you will find that I did not propose that anything should be done to her for her opinions. What I said was that my opinion of her will not change. If, however, she were to come out and do something along the lines of what I suggested and express her apologies to the American people and thank them profusely for rescuing her from her own stupidity, my opinion of her would go up considerably. I find her to be beneath contempt, but that does not make her irredeemable.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote