Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 07:27 PM   #72729
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
...of his sophomore season in college. Since those games, he has thrown almost 1500 more passes and almost 100 more TD passes. Oh, and in that same three-year period, his teams won almost twice the number of games Mahomes' teams won in his three-year- college career.

This is just silly. Bo Nix played 17 career games against ranked opponents, if I am counting correctly. Those teams would have been loaded with NFL talent. And he finished his career with ridiculous numbers.

Again, no. Comparing draft gurus comments in similar windows after Mahomes and Nix were drafted is a lot different than comparing the players themselves. It simply illustrates the point that those grades and opinions and a few bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.

Do you know who was generally graded as a MUCH BETTER quarterback than Mahomes when they were drafted? That would be one Mitchell Trubisky. Nothing illustrates the point better than that. Mahomes was considered to be the 3rd or 4th best QB prospect in an historically weak QB class. Nix was generally ranked as the 5th or 6th best QB prospect in a draft that was historically top-heavy with QBs. It's apples and oranges.

This is all simply what you do in almost every argument. You take a result, and then reverse engineer opinions or cherry pick results to slap yourself on the back for being a genius.

Nix's ceiling is a more athletic version of Drew Brees. Do I think he is going to end up throwing for 80K yards and almost 600 TDs? No, I think that is unlikely. What I am saying is that none of the predictions right now make any more difference than the ones made seven years ago about Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs took a giant risk back then that most considered unwise.

The average Broncos fan is being cautiously optimistic about the QB situation. No one is boldly stating that we just drafted a guy who seven years from now will have won multiple Super Bowls and MVPs.
Nix ****ing sucks....and this is coming from the guy that's right about EVERYTHING in this thread
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.