View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 09:17 AM   #11
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I always assumed that draft rooms had more than one phone. Say KC calls and let's SF know that they're interested in moving up if they start to get calls. While Lynch is on the phone, some lackey could call the Chiefs and start working out a deal for their pick.
Oh I don't doubt it. I assume it DOES happen. I'm just playing devil's advocate. But I would be willing to bet that those deals have some pretty sharp edges to them at times. Some real car salesman sort of pressure tactics. Because like I said, you really can't afford to get worked like that. Being the dude that gets leveraged in a deal like that a time or two is going to be enough that you're gonna wanna get to yes/no within a real short timeline.

So while you have Lynch on the phone making hand signals to his lackey and saying "hey, what was that offer again...uh....my...uh...my phone is breaking up. I'm going through a tunnel, can you give me 45 seconds or so to get out the other side and run that by me again?" you're gonna get fairly impatient.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote