View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 09:13 AM   #10
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The only counter I can reasonably come up with is that if you're the team looking to jump to 63 and the 49ers say "Lemme call you back..." then you KNOW why they're doing it. In that case I say "oh no, sir. You take it now or it's not on the table. I'm not gonna have you leveraging my offer to a team I'm needing to get in front of. We don't have time for this nonsense. I've offered you a fair deal and you can take it or leave it..."

Which is a risk, for sure. But in a timed situation like that when you're looking at zero sum outcomes, you really can't let a team have a free hand like that. You need to put a deadline on that sort of offer.
I always assumed that draft rooms had more than one phone. Say KC calls and let's SF know that they're interested in moving up if they start to get calls. While Lynch is on the phone, some lackey could call the Chiefs and start working out a deal for their pick.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.