View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 08:59 AM   #30
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I would have preferred Thomas too, but I doubt that trade was there. I don't think Philly would have been willing to move so far back with Mitchell on the board, and even if they were I think we would have had to give up more.
Yeah - Philly wasn't moving off that pick with Mitchell on the board. They BADLY needed CB help and he was, by most accounts, CB1 in this draft. You don't move off that pick for a 3rd rounder and some future capital.

That puts your entire draft at risk because you're almost certainly still looking at CB at 32 and there's no way of knowing if Arnold would've been there by then (Mitchell wouldn't have been). At that point you're looking at DeJean (who they got anyway) who's far better suited for a versatile DB role than he is a pure outside Corner. And they needed that boundary CB.

The Philly trade isn't realistic. But maybe you could've gotten up to 19 if you used the 2025 2nd instead of the Titans 3rd.

I was more than happy to move that pick. And if that option was available to us, that's what I'd have done. We just can't authoritatively state that it was. That's a long way to fall for a team.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.