View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 02:34 PM   #8
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Wow - i didn't realize that Egbuka had tightrope surgery on his ankle. I knew he had a 'procedure' but as someone that's HAD a tightrope procedure on his ankle, that does not **** around.

That's drilling two holes in your ankle, running a come-along through it and pulling everything back into place until the syndesmosis heals. Mine's stiff as shit 10 months later.

No wonder the guy struggled. If I knew that, I certainly forgot it. And I can't imagine I knew it. I can't believe the guy made it back as quickly as he did. If he had that done, that was a hell of a high ankle sprain.

EDIT:

These articles are cracking me up...

"An increasingly standard procedure to treat high ankle sprains, tightrope surgery involves the attachment of a device to the lower fibula and tibia bones in order to accelerate rehabilitation. "

Yeah, they 'attach' the damn thing by drilling screws into your leg. And it accelerates the rehab because you run a wire through the holes and pull things back into place so it heals faster. Like...y'all are really Yadda Yaddaing some stuff here.

That or I'm an enormous pussy who's ankle shouldn't hurt anymore. Nah - it's the former.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.