View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 08:33 AM   #1449
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I somehow doubt that a Missouri legislature full of St. Louis politicians is going to do anything. Kansas benefits here from the fact that there is no other metro in the state. There is no real opposition.
St. Louis politicians don't run the Missouri legislature. The difference in seats for the two metro areas is 12-13, out of 163 members of the Missouri house.

If going based purely on fandom/fan support, the Chiefs have a majority of the house. It's not based just on that, though. Obviously.

I suspect the MO legislature and governor's office are motivated to keep both teams in the state (In fact, I know this from talking to the husband of a friend of mine who is a state rep on the side of the aisle that is in power).

Kansas City itself and the state will work to keep the Royals. Kansas City, or North Kansas City + Kansas City and the state will work to keep the Chiefs.

And all of the tax shit will probably be worse than it would have been had the sales tax extension passed, and Johnson County will continue to suck off the teat of Kansas City proper while freeloading on the things that make the area cool.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote