View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
When the consensus is THAT off on a guy like Franklin, I tend to just throw the consensus in the trash.

If someone's drafted 30-40 picks past where they were expected to go, that's a bit of a slide and maybe some team was in the right place at the right time to get a really nice value play.

But if someone goes 2+ full rounds after where they were expected to go? That's just a misunderstanding of the consensus. That means the guy isn't a 'steal' but rather just someone who has flaws we didn't see, know about or understand.

Makes me a little nervous about the Hicks pick as well. I mean Franklin going to 102 doesn't mean the Broncos "Got a first round talent!" (pours another out for Justyn Ross) - it means they might have gotten a 3rd round talent that we just didn't have graded right, IMO.

It's awfully rare that those massive slides (lets say 60ish picks) turn out to be anything resembling what the pre-draft consensus on them claimed they were.
Jusytn Ross is out here catching strays.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.