Thread: NFL Draft UDFA Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 11:00 AM   #149
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
How was Jacobs not drafted somewhere?
It's interesting that he went undrafted but it's interesting more because it tells me that NFL teams are getting a bit smarter.

I mean there are LOADS of guys that come out looking like Jacobs every year and just don't do a whole lot.

Look at a guy like Malik Jefferson, for instance. Very similar measurables, seemingly a great prospect. Had a fantastic college career and looked every bit like an NFL player. Went in the 3rd round.

Has never done a thing in the league. Been on 7 teams and can't stick anywhere.

This year's version of Jefferson was probably Jaylan Ford. And Ford went in the 5th - previous years you know he goes higher than that. Tommy Eichenberg went in the 5th. Is Jacobs any better or worse a prospect than Eichenberg? No, not to my eyes. So by that argument he should've been a 3rd day pick.

But do I think either of them are likely to be starting NFL players? Nah. And with no stand-out skills (which is what a lot of teams will look for on the 3rd day; a real strong skill with the hopes they can either use that skill or coach up around it), it's not shocking either. Odds are he's going to be similar to someone like Cameron Smith who had a nice set of solid measurables but nothing that was truly exceptional.

And guys like that just aren't that hard to find.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.