View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 10:06 AM   #12
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Why are we bringing Smith back? He was sliding to below average at best and was an outright liability down the stretch. Assuming a large part of that was the neck issues but that shit isn't going awaym
If KC drafted a LT with a top 10 pick who was plug and play, I could see him starting day 1.

I'm not saying what KC should do, but I would be very surprised if Andy's plan A is having a 'project' rookie learn on the job at LT.

I would imagine he either thinks there is somebody else already on the roster that can be day 1 LT, or he plans on signing a vet.

Now sure, if King absolutely crushes the competition at camp, Andy may be very reluctantly forced to go against his instinct and start him day 1. But barring that pleasant surprise, I'm expecting he has a different idea.

Of course, in the NFL, plan A doesn't always happen. You can't force Smith to sign a team friendly one year deal for instance.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote