View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 03:54 PM   #3496
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I actually like Coleman but the pick was absolutely strange.

If you look at what Buffalo needed they needed a vertical attacker to pull coverage downfield.

The top guy to do that would be Brian Thomas Jr but they didn't go get him.

So who is left that could fill that role?

Xavier Worthy actually would fit what the scheme needed. So would AD Mitchell.

But instead Buffalo trades down and then takes a potential possession 1 WR who needs time?

WTF are they doing over there.

Remember that there were 6 QBs taken in the first 12 picks and that pushed many players down from where they might otherwise have been taken. That made for a fat bunch of talent available early, almost as if the teams had moved up in the draft.

Just because Buffalo didn't trade up, that doesn't mean they weren't trying. I'm sure they identified Thomas as the guy they wanted, but a lot of other teams did the same thing. Thomas went at #23 to the Jaguars and I'll bet they were very happy. I'll also bet that they were demanding a high price to make any trade, so it might just have been too much for the Bills to pay.

Last edited by RedinTexas; 04-28-2024 at 04:19 PM..
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.